Thursday, January 20, 2011

TEACHERS ROCK!!!!

Dear Sponsor,

My name is Elisa Ovett,

I am currently a second grade teacher for the Palm Beach County School District. I, along with 2 other teachers plan to go to Kien Giang, Vietnam with the Habitat for Humanity Global Village Program.

Habitat for Humanity is an organization which recognizes that we are experiencing a global housing crisis. Worldwide about 1.6 billion people live in substandard housing, and according to the United Nations another 100 million are homeless. HFH has shown that building homes does more than build clean, decent, stable housing around the world for those in need, this program also provides families with:

* Stability for their children
* A sense of dignity and pride
* Health, physical safety, and security improve
* Education and job prospects increase

The U.S. has millions of volunteers to fulfill the needs of American families. Places such as Vietnam do not have the wealth of volunteerism that we are afforded here in the states. This mission/build trip will allow me to help those in need, represent our country in a positive light, and work side by side with a different culture. It will also give me a tremendous opportunity to bring my experiences and perspective of this work back to my students at Palmetto Elementary and share this incredible journey with them.

The estimated cost of this trip is $3,200.00. As a teacher, you can understand that as much as I want to travel and work with HFH building homes for those in need, I cannot do it without monetary donations. It would be very difficult for me to cover all the expenses without your help. If you can provide any donation, which is tax deductible, it would be greatly appreciated. This experience will heighten, enrich, and bring insight to my life as well as other people’s lives. My sincere gratitude in helping make an impact on our needy cultures abroad.

Thanking you in advance for your help in this endeavor,

Elisa Ovett
Donations can be made directly to:
Habitat for Humanity online at www.habitat.org/cd/giving/donate.aspx?link=2 or
Habitat for Humanity c/o Elisa Ovett 3077 Egremont Dr. West Palm Beach, FL 33406
Contact # 561-201-4808

EVENT CODE – GV11376 **this information must be included with online donations
ID # 93439710

No comments:

Post a Comment