Saturday, July 2, 2011

Trixie's Clean Up Start, Middle and Finished

Dear Volunteers and Supporters,

As I write this I have to admit that I'm in tears.....We have spent 16 long months on this one project and looking at the three slide shows below and all of you that have helped and witness this project will understand how emotional it is for me personally to reach this point.

The first slide is only a slight view of what it was like from the beginning to the middle of this project and the second slide is the in progress show.....The third slide show is of the finished inside and there is still need for this individual but to reach this point for me and the volunteers I represent is a huge success....My heart is overjoyed and filled with love and happiness for all of YOU and your contributions to reaching this point.

I will post the first slide show, then the second and third then some special shout outs at the end.

I can not personally thank everyone enough for your personal contributions for making this happen and with a over whelming heart I have to say.... We have more to accomplish for others that need the same....God Bless everyone for helping and I hope you see the hard work in these to slide shows as I do.

Slide Show 1 - Beginning and Middle



Slide Show 2 - Progress


Slide Show 3 - Completed with more pics to be added :-)


This might not be HGTV or DIY Finished but for what we all went through! This Hoarders Crash is done!

I want to send out the following special thanks and I hope that Joanna and Many Others will comment and include all the people and groups I might miss.....I know there will be plenty as we have had over 200 volunteers on this one project for the past 16 Months.

First I want to thank Tony - Trixie's Son-in-Law for all that you have contributed through the process and especially at the end as I would never have the end result pic's with out your dedication to this project. I hope in my heart that Trixie understand how much you did to get her back into her home....and still yet to do.

I want to thank Jenny Weed of the ROLOH "CLAN" for being there when no one else was...You have stood by my side every step of the way and I personally thank you for your very hard work and contributions to some of the worst of the worst of this project and especially today for tackling the almighty fridge :-)

I want to Thank Joanna Aiken of the Solid Waste Authority, Rebuilding Together of the Palm Beaches, Paint Your Heart Out, Adopt-A-Spot and so many other organizations including Neighbors Helping Neighbors Project for providing so many volunteers, resources, supplies and frankly without you this would not have happened....I hope everyone at SWA understand how important you and your team are to all of us out here in Palm Beach County....

I special thanks to the Men and Women of PBSO D14 who came out time after time after time to help me get this done.....I know you have better things to do on your days off and I personally along with all my team members thank you for all that you do for our community. Your team ROCKS our world every day and we thank you for being exactly who you are....Law Enforcement that gives back to the community.

I would like to send a special shout out to Joseph Kroll and his City of Lake Worth Team for supporting this very project. You and your team, without question kept picking up our piles and piles and piles and piles.....you get the the drift.... Thank You Mr. Kroll for being one of the strongest members and city team leaders for making Lake Worth a great place to live and provide Charitable Services to our general public.

A special thanks to the Lake Osborne Presbyterian Church Volunteers that kept coming back for more and more....Omar! Your people ROCK in my book and also helped me grow closer to my Christian Roots. Thank You for your services to our neighborhood, this project and to me personally....

And to all our VOLUNTEERS YOU SO ROCK ALL OF YOU....To see your faces come and go and wonder in amazement with "how are they going to get this done" is amazing to me but you kept coming back for more abuse/helping hands.....With out volunteers the World would be a much more needy place and with all of you from High Schools to Honor Societies to Adjoining Neighborhoods, Members of OCR - Office of Community Revitalization and members of the NAPC - Neighborhood Association Presidents Council...

WE ARE VOLUNTEERS AND WE ACCOMPLISH OUR GOALS AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!

God Bless You All
Robert Waples
Community Volunteer Advocate

3 comments:

  1. Robert, You have given new meaning to the concept of "neighbors". You have pushed and pulled and pleaded and prayed to bring this project home and in the process you've brought hundreds of people together for a most worthy cause. Congratulations on an impossible mission so well executed with dedication, humor and unending resolve. You inspire people. You inspire me. And I am honored to remain,
    Your Friend and Neighbor, Mary Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrulations, Robert. Your committment and dedication to see this project through was the driving force from beginning to end; and it was a very long process. It woud not have gotten done without your leadership. Thanks for your personal dedication, and thanks for caring to make Lake Worth a better community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!!! I know that Dawn truly appreciates what you have all done for her mother! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete